Lord Balaji's Temple!
- Tirumala! The place where the Temple town is.
- Seven Hills! The hills, one of which bears Tirumala.
- 600 Yrs old!! The temple structure made of stone.
- 60,000 Pilgrims / Visitors on an ordinary weekday when there is NO RUSH to max 100,000 (One lakh) on rush days Or is 3 lakhs!!
- 1.5 Crores (10,000,000 INR) collections in cash alone from the "Hundi" (Collection Pot or cloth made collection bag) per day. Forget the other daily contributions flowing in every day from all over.
- Gold plated temple walls.
- With its Gold collections suspected to be the second largest, if not larger than Indian, Gold Reserve in India.
- A Laddu (round sweet - Tirupati Laddu attains the size of a tennis ball!) distribution area with counters looking like bus ticket counter on ground floor and first floor
- 20 Kms by road if driving, 8 kms if walking from Tirupathi Town to the Temple area on the seven Hills.
- 1 to 1.5 kms height of the hills.
I am here! At Tirupati.
I never go inside any temple for one simple reason.. the Crowd!! and of course I also subscribe to the belief that I do not have to visit temples to meet God!
But I came here for work, and due to our connections here I was taken to the Temple and WOW WOW WOW!
When I went inside awe filled inside me!
I was carried away to a different world!
I cannot explain without photographs! Because without photographs you will not realise what Tirupathi Lord Balaji's temple is!
I will try to collect photos from booklets sold outside and shoot my own photos from outside and host them here.. but for now.. enjoy the information.
In conclusion I can only say folks.. Tirupathi or Tirupati is the nearest Answer of India to Vatican City! Because it is complete in itself and has a separate administration and earnings and so on.
The only difference is that Vatican City is treated as country while Tirupati is very much a part of India and also state of Hyderabad!!!
Here are some links
and some more information. These are the official sites.
Pilgrims can visit Tirupati very easily. Everything is well arranged.
You can see the photos exhibited by them since I have none.... here
Let's see if I can get some photos next Yesss.. I got some photos they are posted in my next post here!