Friday, February 13, 2009

Kodaikanal Trip: Day-4


Day-4: After leaving Kannyakumari at around 2.30 pm I drove straight to Kodaikanal, a distance of around 380 kms ..via NH-7 to just before Madurai where I took a bypass towards Vattalkundu via some state highway and reached Kodaikanal at around 830 pm. The hill drive is only 40 kms! Nothing to compare with Hill Stations in Himalayas!! The road is having all the reflectors to protect you from the sides!

I stayed at Hotel Carlton. It is one of the costliest hotels or probably the costliest. But no I did not pay much because I had an arrangement with my office. But if you stay at normal rates it will be Rs 8,000 per room per day. I paid much much much less!! A few pictures of the Hotel. Hotel Carlton Phone no- 04542 - 240056-240071 Fax- 04542-241170 Email: carlton@krahejahospitality.com



You can see the next post for the Kodaikanal Lake and other photos in subsequent posts.

2 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Are they still paying for such rooms in these troubled times :)

ShantanuDas said...

Arrey what troubled times??!! Rich is always rich!! Don't you see Vijay Mallya romping up and down all over from buying cricketers to buying Gandhian Memories to hobnobbing with Bikini Girls??

But do not forget that I paid only Rs 50/- per day.. :-0) because of my office.

Image Map from some of my Photos - Click to visit the linked blogs

Colonial days at Calcutta, India Agra Fort Madurai Temple Architecture Fruits, India Silk Worm Cocoons, India Fish Market, India Happy Children, India Logging in Andaman Islands, India Tramcar, Calcutta, India Dharamshala, India Snowy Roads, India Painting by my wife, India Catwalk, India Fashion Show, India Beas River, Manali, India Autumn Leaves, Manali, India Snow in Manali, India Vagator Beach, Goa Mussoorie, India Mysore Palace Jaisalmer Desert, India Tamil Marriage Indian Market Scene Rajasthani Village Girl Birds of India Bay of Bengal, Pondycherry Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary Hogenakkal Water Falls, India Indian Roads Gulab Jamun, India Globalisation, India Indian Map Indian City from Sky Clay Pot Art, India Himalayas, India Benares, India Indian Palace